Thursday, February 25, 2010

miss u!


Hello Blogger, my old friend...
I've come to talk with you again...


I'd been away for so long, took part in this beautiful creation...
but now I'm here again, let's share the joy of that experience!


How can I forget the 11th Foundation Anniversary of GC? 
I left you behind like a little friend deserted in a strange island. 
That's so hurting to me as far as I believe 
but it took a while to make me realize 
how important you are as a friend.

A part of me was left with you as I went on my journey,
but I knew that my absence has done enough for both of us to see.
I bring you now the worthwhile experience
no person could ever resist,
I hope you'll be more happy to hear all the good lessons I've learned.

  •  I couldn't find a word to tell how happy and grateful I am for those who shared in the creation of COE exhibit booth! But before its final output there were several stories untold. I can still recall the first two days of its significant series when supporters came in selfless abundance, whether through physical or monetary help they did not hesitate to partake.There were those whom I consider great few who showed me what it means to be unweary despite of the difficult task, disturbing sweat and the heat of the sun. Physical labor is not fun, for sure, but  I knew it was, because the smiles were fixed on the faces of each and everyone around.
  • The third day was even more exciting! or should I say, breath-taking?!!! Yes, I couldn't even grasp my breath for a while to sit and relax. I was so anxious of many "hows"... How should I do this... How should I do that... lingered on my mind repetitively. I didn't know what to do then, but I have a conviction that it will all be okay soon. Yeah, It has to! And it happened. The four divisions were created and each section was apparently filled with its desired exhibits. Maybe, not that much, but good enough to have it showcased on the next day.Thanks to God! And many thanks to all who patiently understood my varied moods for all day long!
  •  OPENING DAY: The day we've all been waiting for! Will somebody do me a favor? This has been my favorite line. In and outside of the classroom I hurried like a mad hunter going after its prey. I didn't know what I was really needing, but it gave me satisfaction to see that everything's in the right place, anyway, in just few hours the judging will start. Did I really accomplish my task? Hmmn... soon I'll find out!
    • At 1pm all got dressed in full costume. Everyone has been in a hurry but excited to experience the fun! The theme: Greek Mythology inspired with a little foretaste of  World Literature! Of course, I was the master-planner, who else will oppose...(laughs) but I made it very relevant to the Official Contest Agenda, that's why it was beautiful! 
    •  The time moved so fast, but it was too slow for us who waited until 5 O'clock. Four hours with this costume set-up is NOT cool. Not if you've waited much longer than expected. Everyone thought it's going to be earlier. But it wasn't. Then I started being anxious, disoriented, stressed...And at the end I found myself sitting hopelessly in one side without saying a word. "This is not happening!" I thought.
    •  Then after few seconds, there came the lamplighter, the bearer of good news! I couldn't describe how much joy I felt when I heard them saying, "Andiyan na Sila!" (They are coming!) ...and everyone shouted in excitement; like ants they hurried to their different posts as we watched the judges getting near. At last, the long wait is over!
    • After the judgment time, you can see the smile in everyone's face. Lots of stories were told from anyone's experience. The experience of being part of the event. The goodness of having their share of time, talent and effort. It has paid off all the hardships, the time they invested and the hope they kept. It was a good learning experience. And I learned from it, too. Maybe now I understand how it is to be a little more patient. A little more composed. A little more trustful that I may enjoy the fruit of my labor in the sweetest experience possible. No regrets!
    • With that, we're victorious! And the rest is history.
    Special thanks to the following: 

    Alpha and Jane ................... for being the presentors of the event
    Eduardo ......................................as Hermes
    Dianne .........................................as Goldilocks
    Aziel ............................................as Cinderella
    Sarah and MJ ............................. ...as the Muses
    Anabel .........................................as Gabriela Silang
    Michael ........................................as Rameses
    Remarlyn ......................................as Cleopatra
    Kimberly ........................................as Athena
    Richard ........................................ as Zeus
    Janine ..........................................as Maria Clara
    Dondee and Leandro ......................... as Rizal and Bonifacio
    Aprileen, Melanie and the group..........  as college students
    Corskie, Almira,  and the group ............as elem students
    Renzel ...........................................as Einstein





    1 comment:

    1. Ma'am I will never forget that day!
      It was fun and exciting. Although we didn't win, the most important is we became united and that is genuine meaning of all these... :0

      ReplyDelete

    About Me

    My photo
    very interested in real and good people